Enrich your Data
Extractors allow developers to enrich in-transit event data with data from other parts of their system.
Select the type
- 1.Add an identifier for your Extractor in the Key field
- 2.Select HTTP as the extractor type
- 3.Provide the HTTP URL you'd like to hit to receive your data
- 4.Select your method (whether it's GET, POST, PUT, PATCH or DELETE)
Add event data into the payload
Set the retry policy
Every extractor has a unique retry policy that you can set by manipulating the fields in the Apply a Retry Policy section. To set a policy, simply select:
- 1.The # of Attempts: this is the number of times we will retry if your Extractor fails
- 2.The Duration of Attempts: this is the duration of time we will apply your desired attempts
As a caveat, the Destination will not be called until the Extractor has been called successfully or the retry policy has been applied and/or expired.
Using your Extracted Data
Assuming your Extractor succeeds, you'll need to grab and apply the data within the Transformation function of the pipeline. To do this, you can use context in the transformation function.